The following resources were used in researching this article:
- Function Reference: get_users()
- Function Reference: wp_get_current_user()
- Function Reference: get_metadata()
- Class Reference: WP_User
Web Articles and Other Materials
- PHPXref of BuddyPress
- http://sillybean.net/2010/01/creating-a-user-directory-part-2-building-the-user-page-template/comment-page-1/#comment-49166 – web site support for Beginning WordPress 3 book (used as starting point to discover and create a diagnostic code base for dealing with user info)
- https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3335 – talks about profile sync between BP and WP. Talks about the XProfile subsystem and possible changes in BP 1.4 to address the desire for better synchronization.
- http://buddypress.org/community/groups/miscellaneous/forum/topic/please-help-me-understand-a-wordpressbp-feature/ – users looking for documentation, pointer by Boone to the source code
- http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/how-to-manage-users-their-extended-profiles/ – contains the start of a plugin for member management between WP and BP. Discussion by Boone and other BP leadership.
- http://buddypress.org/community/groups/creating-extending/forum/topic/how-to-filter-extended-profiles-fields-editings/ – re custom editing on BP profile fields
- http://buddydress.com/2010/12/extending-buddypress-for-existing-wordpress-developers-by-paul-gibbs/ – has useful information about BP extensions plugins – how to do them safely
- http://bp-tricks.com/snippets/displaying-certain-profile-fields-on-your-members-profile-page/#comment-1053 – re display of BP profile data
- http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/buddypress-roles – regarding attitudes and issues concerning roles and capabilities within BuddyPress.
There were probably others, but that’s what I logged ;-).