1. Consent and Modification. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS INTERNET WEB SITE (our “Site”). By using our Site, you agree to this Policy. We may modify the Policy from time to time and post those modifications here. Your continued use of the Site after any such modification constitutes your acceptance of the modified Policy.
2. Information. Architected Futures obtains information from and about you in number of different ways, including:
2.1. General Information. Some information (“General Information”) is gathered automatically when you access the Site. This General Information (which includes Site pages visited, type of Web browser used, type of operating system, the domain name of your Internet service provider and similar information) does not identify you personally.
2.2. Personal Information. Some information that may be identifiable as yours (your “Personal Information”) is not gathered automatically at the Site. If you wish to provide Personal Information, you must do so voluntarily, and you may do so in a number of different ways. The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information Architected Futures gathers:
2.2.1. Registration Information. When you register at the Site, you will be asked for certain Personal Information, such as your name, your street mailing address, your email address and other information;
2.2.2. Third Party Information. When you register at a third party Web site and provide Personal Information to such third parties, Architected Futures may (pursuant to agreements between Architected Futures and those third parties) obtain such information to populate Architected Futures Site registration forms for use when you hyperlink to the Site;
2.2.3. Credit Card Information. If you purchase goods or services at the Site, you will be asked for credit card information, including your name, account number and expiration date; and
2.2.4. Email Information. When you send us email messages, we may retain the content of your email messages, together with your email address and our response to you.
2.3. Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s Web browser on the hard drive of a user’s computer. Cookies can “remember” what information (“Cookie Information”) a user accesses on one Web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that Web site by the same user, or can use that information to streamline the user’s transactions on related Web sites. The Cookies Architected Futures uses do not capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information, but do permit Architected Futures to send focused advertising, online banner advertisements, new services, promotions and other such responses to you or assist your use of the Site. Architected Futures may also set Cookies when you register or when you acquire goods or services from the Site, and may do so without notice to or permission from you or any third party.
3. General Use and Disclosure of Information. Architected Futures uses and discloses your information as follows:
3.1. General Information. Architected Futures uses and discloses General Information to understand Site demographics and content preferences, and may do so without notice to or permission from you or any third party. In particular, Architected Futures may provide aggregate General Information about our customers, sales, Site traffic patterns and related information to our affiliates or third parties. This information, though, will not include personally identifying data, except as otherwise provided in this Policy.
3.2. Personal Information. Architected Futures uses Personal Information for purposes of administering Architected Futures business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to you and other Architected Futures customers and prospective customers. This may include focused advertising, online banner advertisements, new services, promotions and other responses to you. Architected Futures may also use and disclose Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the Site or our business, new Architected Futures services and special offers you may find valuable.
3.3. Cookie Information. Architected Futures uses and discloses Cookie Information to improve our Site and better serve you and our other customers, and may do so without notice to or permission from you or any third party.
4. Other Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. .
4.1. Legally Required Information. We may also disclose any of your information when legally compelled to do so, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it, or for the protection of our legal rights.
4.2. Other Parties. Other than as otherwise set out in this Policy, we will not share or sell your personal and financial information with our affiliates, strategic partners or any third parties without your consent.
5. Security. You understand and agree that “perfect” security does not exist anywhere, including the Internet. When you send credit card information to us at the Site, we use a technology called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Secure Electronic Transaction (SET) to encrypt this information between your computer and our server. Other personal information you send to us at the Site, however, including any email messages, will not be encrypted unless we advise you otherwise.
6. Merchant Services. You may be able to access certain information related to third parties at the Site, or via links, banner ads or clickthroughs from the Site, regarding the goods or services of third parties (collectively, “Merchant Services”). You understand and agree that your access to or use of Merchant Services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and Architected Futures shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
7. Community. Architected Futures urges you to use discretion when sharing Personal Information in community areas on the Site such as message boards, mailing lists, chat rooms, blogs and directories. We cannot protect the privacy of information disclosed in these forums. If you disclose Personal Information in such areas, you understand and agree that such Personal Information may be used and disclosed by others without restriction. While utilizing these areas, please restrict your disclosure of personal information to any information that you are willing to have available to the public.
8. Links. This Policy applies solely to information collected on our Site. Our Site may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that we have no control or influence over the privacy practices of such other Web sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave this Web site and to read the privacy statements of each Web site they visit.
9. Law. This Policy shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. Any litigation or arbitration arising from or relating to this Policy shall be brought exclusively in the jurisdiction and in the venue proper for an individual residing in Berkeley, California and any action relating to or arising out of this Policy shall be instituted and prosecuted only in that jurisdiction and in that venue. You hereby expressly waive any right to a change in jurisdiction and any and all objections to such jurisdiction and venue.