Cyber is fundamentally an Abstract continuous thing which instantiates as a Physical occurrent thing when is executes as a Process on a physical device we call a computer. During execution real electrons (and other physical things) are manipulated and routed according to predefined Abstract logic embedded in the Script of the Schema of the Cyber object set being processed by the mechanism of the device.
Hosting involves the configuration and operation of the mechanism of the device which executes the Cyber logic script with a capacity for execution of the Cyber script if requested. Execution involves the device interacting with the Physical world according the instructions and guidance which the script provides.
There are a variety of configurations for hosting web messages. Web messages are Cyber messages that are communicated over the ether of the Word Wide Web (WWW), using the TCP/IP transmission protocol. HTTP and HTTPS are layers of protocols, language understandings between senders and receivers, that are used to communicate the meaning and sub-text of web messages. EATS components are deployed in different configurations, based on different code bases, and use different protocols for cyber communication depending on placement and function in today’s infrastructure; and based on targeted direction for convergence over time, as capabilities are added.
The EATS v4.6 Java code communicates through:
- Direct handling of TCP/IP protocol sets, including utilization of TCP and UDP as native protocols for inter-connectivity
- Bundling with Jetty as an HTTP server within Eclipse JVM deployment packaging
The EATS v5 PHP code communicates through:
- PHP as a WWW HTTP(S) Script Server
Each instance presents a CyberPhysical deployment which fits the following general model.
As a practical matter the architecturally significant components center on domain configuration of the Web component, and the mechanism for communication of HTTP(S) interactions via internet browser compatible technologies (e.g., phones, laptop and desktop computers) in wired and wireless connections.
Architecturally Significant Components
The SARL packages provide a three-point perspective of the space involved in the problem.
- Persons defines Humans, who are the ultimate owner, operator, stewards and utilizers of whatever value information and knowledge have to the future of Human Civilization as a continuant thing.
- Persons exist outside CyberPhysical space in a shared Physical space.
- Persons share Physical space with the remainder of the Physical universe.
- CyberPhysical defines that part of the Physical space which is involved in the execution of cybernetic operations.
- Cyber exists in a Physical continuant form as Schema, which when executed becomes Script.
- Cyber also exists in multiple Abstract forms that can define situation, reason and purpose concerning execution.
- Abstract forms depend on Physical mechanisms for execution.
- Cyber implements Abstract Logic to control Execution of Object interaction in Processes
- EATSv5 Agent defines the SARL Cyber Agent Architecture
- EATSv5 is an Concept being tested and refined as a Practice
The EATS mechanism is designed to facilitate cooperative information exchange as a generative endeavor beginning at the individual human level. Actual Humans exist as biological beings.
Abstract Humans exist as mental images from the viewpoint of individual Actual Humans.
CyberPhysical architecture involves the intentional mapping of Physical and Abstract things in the Physical world, and then actualizing the involvement of the Abstract things as Physical mechanisms. In 1970 Cyber was an Occurrent mechanism. In 2022, and forever more in civilized terms, Cyber is part of the Human Continuum. CyberPhysical architecture is Human Borg architecture.
The Abstract part of Cyber is a Human invention.
Configuration involves the pre-arrangement for Participation in Situations based on knowledge of Objects, Processes, Juncture and Intentions. Architectural configuration is a heuristic design activity. There is no correct answer; but some answers work better than others for personal and group benefit.