Home page for information related to utilities and infrastructure management for the property. Details include references to systems, vendors, etc. Concerns include suppliers, regulation, quality control, and elements relative to special concerns tied to life in the specific locale of the property, i.e., the Berkeley Hills.
Communications and IT Systems
Communications in 1979 at 508 Diamond St consisted of a POTS telephone line which included service during power outages. Then came cable TV. Then internet access, and cell service, and bandwidth upgrades.
- Television Networks
Energy is configured using natural gas for cooking and heating, and electricity for general power and lighting. Both utilities for the site are delivered by PG&E. Gas is provided by PG&E. Electricity is provided by East Bay Community Energy, EBCE. Electricity is measured via net energy metering between grid supplied and self generated energy with metering and billing by PG&E. The site includes both solar generation and energy storage capabilities installed under a 25 years warranty (2018-2043) provided by Solar Union.
- Account: 8774139652
- Net energy metering application:117079159
- Functional management of property utility systems during emergencies and extended outages.
- CoB Underground Utility District schedule impact on other projects
- CoB emergency and disaster recovery coordination, survive-ability
Water is provided by EBMUD and, as a utility service, includes both delivery of potable water and removal of waste.
- Water reservoir
- Threat due to breakage
- Lack of second tank for supply during emergencies (which now include lack of electricity to pump water up the hill)