- 1 View and Download the Cost Details of Your Invoice or Statement
Your PDF invoice or statement does not provide details for every resource cost but instead is summarized to show your total usage and cost per SKU. Note that if your computing usage volume is very high, your PDF invoice might be further simplified to display the cost per account or just the total cost. If you need a more granular view of your invoice costs, refer to the Cost Table report available in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
The Cost Table report gives you a detailed, tabular view of your monthly costs for a given invoice or statement (by invoice month). The cost table matches your invoice or statement total and, like the invoice or statement, generally includes all costs incurred during a given calendar month.
The report includes project-level cost details from your invoices and statements, along with additional details you might need, such as service and SKU IDs. The report view is customizable and downloadable to CSV.
Required permissions to access the cost table report
To view the cost table report for your billing account, you need to be a Billing Account Administrator or Billing Account Viewer on your billing account. Specifically, you need the
billing.accounts.getSpendingInformation permission on your billing account.
For more information about billing permissions, see:
- Overview of Access Control
- Create Custom Roles for Billing
- Cloud Billing API Access Control
- Understanding Predefined IAM Roles for Billing
To view the Cloud Billing Cost Table report for your billing account, for an invoice month:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Open the console navigation menu ( ) and click Billing.
- If you have more than one billing account, select Go to linked billing account to view the current project’s billing account. To locate a different billing account, select Manage billing accounts and choose the account for which you’d like to see reports.
- From the Billing navigation menu, select Cost table.
- Select the invoice month from the Invoice month drop-down.
How to read the cost table
The cost table shows you a detailed breakdown of all of your costs and credits for the invoice month.
- Each row with a Usage cost type represents the total usage costs for a SKU, for a project.
- If applicable to your billing account, the cost table also includes rows for taxes, rounding errors, and any invoice adjustments.
- The final row on the cost table is the Total. This number matches your invoice or statement total for the invoice month.
Customize your report view
By default, when you first access the report, you see the data for the most recent complete month, unfiltered, including all the applicable columns of data. To customize your report view, do any of the following:
- Choose the invoice month: Use the dropdown above the table to select the Invoice month.
- Set one or many filters: Select Filter table to create filters by column value (for example, Project ID : my-project-194-1378).
- Select the columns to display: You can select or deselect the columns to show in the table using the Column display options (
) at the top right of the table.
Download report to CSV
You can download the data for the invoice month to CSV using the download button () at the top right of the table.
Notes about the data downloaded to CSV:
- The filters ( ) you set customize your online report view. When you download to CSV, the filters are ignored and all rows of the invoice are downloaded.
- The column selector ( ) allows you to customize both your online report view and which fields are downloaded. When you download to CSV, only the columns you specify are downloaded.
Columns in the cost table
The following values are presented on the Cost Table report (if applicable to your billing account):
|Cost Table Field||Corresponding Invoice Field||Description|
|Billing account name||Account Name||The name of the billing account that the usage is associated with. (If you are a reseller, this may be the sub-billing account.)|
|Billing account ID||Account ID||The billing account ID that the usage is associated with. (If you are a reseller, this may be the sub-billing account.)|
|Project name||Source||The name of the project that generated the billing data.|
|Project ID||N/A||The ID of the project that generated the billing data.|
|Service description||Product||The invoice description of the Google Cloud Platform service that reported the billing data. For example, Compute Engine.|
|Service ID||N/A||The ID of the Google Cloud Platform service that reported the billing data. For example, 6F81-5844-456A.|
|SKU description||Resource Type||The invoice description of the resource SKU used by the service. For example, N1 Predefined Instance Core running in Americas.|
|SKU ID||SKU ID||The ID of the resource SKU used by the service. For example, 2E27-4F75-95CD.For the full list of SKUs, see GCP SKUs.|
|Cost type||Description||A description of the type of cost for the line item.
|Usage start date||Start Date||The date of the first occurrence of usage for this invoice month (see note above on the possibility of late-arriving usage).|
|Usage end date||End Date||The date of the last occurrence of usage for this invoice month (see note above on the possibility of late-arriving usage).|
|Usage amount||Quantity||The quantity of the usage.|
|Usage unit||Unit||The billing unit of the usage.|
|Cost||Amount||The calculated cost of the usage.|